On Apr 5th we released LinOTP 2.8.1 to the repositories.
LSE Leading Security Experts GmbH is introducing LinOTP 2.8.1, the latest version of its vendor independent solution for adaptive multi-factor and 2-factor authentication and OTP processes (OTP: one time passwords). LSE is now offering its latest LinOTP version in Spanish, French, Italian, and simplified Chinese in addition to the previously available English and German. In addition to the expanded available languages, LinOTP 2.8.1 has new features for monitoring and improved capabilities for server migration and complex setups. The improved user filters and support for HSM (hardware security module) migrations are also new. With the additional languages, LSE has consistently continued to internationalise the LinOTP product line. The larger selection of available languages applies to both the self-service user portal as well as the management interfaces.
- New Feature: Additional Languages
LSE has consistently continued to internationalise the LinOTP product line. The larger selection of available languages applies to both the self-service user portal as well as the management interfaces.
- New Feature: Monitoring
LSE is introducing a new API for monitoring internal LinOTP processes with LinOTP 2.8.1. This provides, for example, information on the statistics and the status of the tokens, the status of the HSM (hardware security module) encoding, and the status of the UserIDResolver with configurable permissions.
- New Feature: Improved User Filters
Today's enterprise environments require a differentiated approach to user policy management. LinOTP 2.8.1 adds options for managing the configurations and policies based on user groups, user attributes, and regular expressions. This considerably simplifies detailed and complex permission scenarios in the setup.
- New Feature: SMPPSMSProvider
LinOTP now supports SMPP protocol for submitting text messages to Short Message Service centers (SMSC).
- New Feature: Improved Features for Server Migration and Complex Setups
Previous features for routing registration data to other authentication servers have been improved with options for generic routing. This means migration scenarios and complex setups with multiple LinOTP instances are easier to model and administer.
In addition to these features, LinOTP 2.8.1 includes many further improvements and bug fixes in order to improve the user experience.
LinOTP 2.8.1 is available as a Debian package from linotp.org. Ubuntu packages are available from our PPA on Launchpad. It can also be obtained via the Python Package Index (PyPI). Users of the LSE LinOTP Smart Virtual Appliance will receive LinOTP 2.8.1 via the integrated update mechanism.
The LSE team would be pleased to answer any questions you may have about LinOTP 2.8.1 and assist upgrading your environment to the latest release at email@example.com
The LSE LinOTP team
- Server: Add monitoring controller
- Server: Add support for encryption migration (HSM)
- Server: Add 'forward to server' policy
- Server: Extended user filter in policies
- Server: Reduce number of userid authentication calls
- Server: Enable less services in default configuration
- WebUI: Update jQuery, jQuery UI and jed
- Selfservice: Fix access to userservice with UTF-8 characters
- WebUI: IE11: Deliver requested language
- WebUI: Support for IE11 logout and cookie deletion
- SQL: Add support for ASP.NET hashes
- Add support for SMPP SMS Provider
- Major code rewrite
- Add support for custom CA certificates
- Improve compatibility with multiple Linux distributions, freeBSD and OS X